HARRISBURG – State Rep. Rich Irvin (R-Franklin/Huntingdon) announced today that emergency responder organizations in the 81st Legislative District in parts of Franklin and Huntingdon counties have been awarded $381,533 in funding under the Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program.
“Our fire and EMS companies are the cornerstones of our communities,” said Irvin. “The men and women who rush into a burning building, extract trapped motorists from their vehicles and tend to those in health emergencies need all the support we can give them. These grants will help them pay for equipment, training and more.”
The grant funding comes from a program created by the Legislature and administered by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and Office of the State Fire Commissioner (OSFC). All funding comes from the proceeds from slot machine gaming, and not General Fund tax revenue. The money can be used for facility upgrades, equipment purchases or repair, debt reduction, education and public outreach, training, or recruitment and retention.
The following is a list of local fire and ambulance companies and the amount of their grant awards. All companies that apply and meet requirements outlined by OSFC receive funding. Companies must file a grant agreement with OSFC to receive their grants.
• Fannett Metal Fire and Ambulance Co. (Fire) - $15,000.
• Fannett Metal Fire and Ambulance Co. (EMS) - $10,000.
• Metal Township Fire and Ambulance Co. Inc. (Fire) - $13,826.
• Metal Township Fire and Ambulance Co. Inc. (EMS) - $10,000.
• Pleasant Hall Volunteer Fire Co. (Fire) - $13,080.
• Pleasant Hall Volunteer Fire Co. (EMS) - $10,000.
• West End Fire and Rescue Co. - $15,000.
• Alexandria Volunteer Fire Co. - $15,000.
• Huntingdon Regional Fire and Rescue - $15,000.
• Mapleton Fire Department Inc. - $13,335.
• Marklesburg Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 (Fire) - $13,335.
• Marklesburg Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 (EMS) - $10,000.
• Mill Creek Borough Volunteer Fire Co. - $15,000.
• Mount Union Fire Co. 1 - $12,352.
• Orbisonia Rockhill Emergency Medical Service - $10,000.
• Orbisonia Rockhill Volunteer Fire Co. - $13,580.
• Petersburg Volunteer Fire Co. - $14,317.
• RW & BT Volunteer Fire Co. - $10,000.
• Shade Gap Fire Co. - $12,598.
• Shavers Creek Valley Community Volunteer Fire Co. - $14,317.
• Smithfield Township Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 - $15,000.
• Stone Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Co. - $13,580.
• Three Springs Area Ambulance Service Inc. - $10,000.
• Three Springs Fire Co. - $12,352.
• Trough Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Co. - $11,861.
Representative Rich Irvin
81st Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Tricia Lehman